Do you like what the Kallangur Business Association (KBA) are doing to support the Business Community? Would you like the KBA to do more? Do you have ideas for the KBA to make it bigger and better?
You have heard of the saying “many hands makes light work“. Well it is true here with the KBA too. This Association is run solely by unpaid volunteers, who have businesses or day jobs. So the more helpers we have, the more events, information and support we can deliver.
Our Executive Committee want to see the KBA grow, be stronger, and deliver more to support our growing Moreton Bay Region Business Community.
How can you help?
Firstly, if you haven’t already signed up to become a member, do so. That membership fee helps the KBA Committee pay the administration costs, as well as plan and budget events.
Secondly, donate some time to the Kallangur Business Association. “How much time?”, you ask. What can you afford? Here are some ideas:
- 1 hour a week, could be used to make bookings for our upcoming Meet-ups, and create the Facebook events and matching Google Calendar event.
- 30 min a week could be used to share our regular KBA Facebook posts to local groups.
- 1 hour a week, to translate helpful business/community information shared with us, into articles for our website.
- 30 min a week could be used to share helpful business information (incl our website articles) to our KBA Facebook page.
- 1-2 hours a fortnight to prepare graphics for upcoming KBA events.
- 1 hour a week (for approx 1-2 months) to organise a special KBA event.
Do you think you can donate some time for any of the above? Or perhaps you have something else you believe you can help with? Please email Felice at email@example.com.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.Ryunosuke Satoro
Additionally we are looking for someone to take over the Secretary role. What that entails is:
- Calling Executive Meetings & General Meetings – Executive Meetings are 1-3 months apart, and “calling” entails compiling the Agenda, and booking a suitable time with the rest of the Executive Committee. At this stage the only General Meeting the KBA has is the AGM, with all members required to be invited, and a venue booked.
- Minuting Executive and General Meetings – yes, this is the yucky bit, but unfortunately legally required. Each Executive and General Meeting (aka AGM) is required to be minuted, with minutes disseminated and approved at the next respective meeting.
- Managing Memberships – this involves taking new membership applications to the rest of the Executive for approval, then updating the Membership Register (5 min), Online Business Directory (5 min), and sending a welcome email to the new member (5 min).
- Managing KBA Correspondence – this encompasses receiving emails and (physical) mail, forwarding required items to the Executive Committee (or other a delegated person), and responding as agreed/guided by the Executive.
- Sending out Monthly Newsletters – this currently is supported by a plugin on our website and is dependent on having Website Articles and organised events. It also requires a small amount time to maintain the subscriber list. (This role could be delegated to another voluntary assistant).
If this is something you think you can help with, please send the current secretary an email here firstname.lastname@example.org.