On Thursday 18th June 2020, the Kallangur Business Association held their first Business Support Session with invited guest, Denise Sims – MBRC Deputy Mayor and Councillor for Division 7.
Information and links provided by Deputy Mayor and Division 7 Councillor, post the session include:
- Procurement at Moreton Bay Regional Council (information on VendorPanel and LG Tenderbox): moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Council/Procurement
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Council on 3205 0555, email: email@example.com
- Millovate Pty Ltd: moretonbay.qld.gov.au/News/Media/Calling-All-Visionaries-Be-Part-of-Something-Big
- MBRIT – businessmoretonbayregion.com.au
- Regional Development Australia Online Workshops & Webinars: rdamoretonbay.org.au/digital-webinars-workshops-11jun2020
Topics addressed in the Interview with the Deputy Mayor included:
- Refunds on MBRC Food Licensing for 2019/2020 year
- The MBRC allotment of $2M towards Accelerated Asset Maintenance work and what sort of jobs primarly used.
- The new Procurement Policy to preference local Businesses
- The Vender Panel Marketplace and the Tender process
- The Business Moreton Bay Website
- Moreton Bay Business Expo to be held at Rothwell on 29th October
- The Moreton Bay Tough initiative
- Information about the road changes around the new Woolworths Shopping Centre, on the corner of Alma Rd and Old Gympie Rd, Dakabin, (and Shepherdson St)
- How the Council has addressed the plethora of Petrol Stations being developed in the area
- Where Kallangur is heading as a town centre, and changes to the Yvonne Chapman park.
The interview was followed by questions from KBA members present, and included, questions or information on:
- How vendors outside the MBRC go in the tender process
- The Henry Rd and Dohles Rocks Rd Intersection
- More people working local & Millovate
- The Tender process when only one business is listed in the Vendor Panel Marketplace (for a tender category)
- MBRC hold regular workshops on the tender process
- MBRC have changed their payment processing time, where they are now paying bills in 7 days (instead of normal 30 day payment processing time). MBRC would also like any Businesses or Residents who are having problems paying their rates to contact the council, as they can organise a payment plan with 0% interest (available up-till end of September)
- An update on how the Community Infrastructure Grant is going.
The Kallangur Business Association would like to thank Deputy Mayor and Division 7 Councillor, Denise Sims for joining us in our first Business Support Session.